Written by a witty and savvy London local, this travel guide to experiencing London from the inside will bring out the local in you. Whether you are enjoying a pint in a pub on the river or exploring platform 9 3/4 used by Harry Potter, author Lucy Hart will guide you there.
In this short guide you'll discover:
- How to get around (Lucy will even tell you the best taxi companies to use, right down to the color of the cabs and their phone number)
- Where the local night life is, including what times of the day and of the week to go to various areas of the city to find the liveliest scene
- What and where to eat, including where you can actually find good fish and chips as well as classic English curry and how to do tea like a local
- Tips and tricks for finding great local accommodations to fit even the most modest of budgets as well as lodging ideas that will help you connect with locals
- How and where to rub elbows with the locals for a pint or a coffee
- Important slang terms that will tickle your tongue and give you an edge when conversing with the locals (you'll be well chuffed with Lucy's slang tips, mate)
You've never seen London like this. Whether it is your 1st time in London or your 50th you'll find some new, some old, and some delightful ideas in A Londoner's Life - How to Travel in London Like a Local.